Skip to main content

Featured

Why are we obligated to pay for electricity, venue corkage, pictorial fees, and crew meals & transportation during the wedding in the Philippines?

Why are we obligated to pay for electricity, venue corkage, pictorial fees, and crew meals & transportation during the wedding in the Philippines?   When planning a wedding in the Philippines, several considerations come into play, particularly concerning the venue, chosen package, and engaging suppliers for the event. These costs may not always be included in the all-inclusive package offered by the wedding planner.   In comparison, certain countries offer comprehensive packages, often at a higher cost. In the Philippines' context, we are well aware of the challenges tied to currency conversion. The exchange rate between the peso and other currencies, like the dollar, can significantly vary. Due to the peso's relatively lower value, specific package elements aren't fixed, such as corkage fees. These fees fluctuate based on their variable nature, calculated according to actual consumption during the event. For example, electricity power charges at the venue might exceed

ITS CALLED "GUTS"



5 years ago, what was I? Simple, hardworking, and an office girl. I have always loved surprises, so whenever there was a celebration in our department, I was the first to take charge of organizing it. Witnessing someone's happiness and heartfelt gratitude always gave me a sense of fulfillment. This earned me the nickname 'JAJA' in our department. Back then, I had no idea about the distinction between a wedding planner and a wedding coordinator. Little did I know that this would become my profession just 5 years later.

How did I start my journey as a wedding planner? Someone once mentioned that you cannot truly qualify as a wedding planner unless you are married or on the verge of getting married. Do you believe in destiny? Love might not be synonymous with destiny, but perhaps it's destiny for your life to lead you in a certain direction.

An overseas Filipino worker (OFW) friend of mine was about to tie the knot. Being one of his closest friends, he reached out to me through an online message, asking if I could assist in organizing and coordinating various aspects, from suppliers to marriage license applications. Initially, I was apprehensive since I had no prior experience. It felt as though I was the one getting married. I wanted to decline his request, but his heartfelt reasons nudged me toward saying "yes." Initially, facing discrimination and feeling humiliated was inevitable, especially when interacting with experienced professionals and major suppliers. My pride almost got the best of me, and I was tempted to give up. However, I realized that I still possessed a resilient and positive side of my personality, which I chose to embrace instead of succumbing to self-pity. I summoned the courage to accept the challenge, understanding that, as the saying goes, "Our true wealth is our time, and our greatest asset is our mind."

For the following 3 months, I celebrated my commitment to this endeavor. YouTube became my mentor, and I conducted extensive online research about weddings. As the event date approached, our preparations shifted into high gear, including the planning of the "PRENUPTIAL" phase. In the beginning, we were all juggling various roles, functioning as equipment carriers, personal assistants, nannies, chaperones, instructors, sideline proxies, coaches, and more. Despite the multi-faceted responsibilities, I found joy and fulfillment in every task. This marked the "FIRST TIME."





 

The Big Day has arrived. This is my reflection on the wedding day. Two days before the event, sleep eluded me entirely; every cell in my body was alert, and restlessness consumed me. It's challenging to comprehend how I felt at that moment, a mix of emotions intertwining within me. One part harbored fears that all my meticulous preparations could falter or prove ineffective. The other aspect, tinged with excitement, yearned for the perfection that I envisioned. I moved through the day like a somnambulist, my thoughts as hazy as the air around me. If only I could reverse time or pause it altogether. Every detail, from supplier call times to preparation timelines, seemed in place, exuding a sense of flawlessness.

However, fate chose to play a prank by causing a supplier to be tardy, and I regrettably responded in a less-than-professional manner. It was clear that my amateur status had been exposed. Yet, rather than succumbing to defeat, I whispered a hopeful plea while crossing my fingers, "May everything turn out fine; I need a stroke of luck now." The moment of truth arrived as the ceremony commenced, paving the way for post-nuptials and the reception. Eventually, the event concluded, and a wave of relief washed over me.



The turning point came when I watched the Same Date Editing video, capturing moments from the preparation, ceremony, pre-reception, and reception. Tears welled in my eyes, moved by the cinematic and breathtaking portrayal of the entire event. The transformation from my initial conception to this splendid outcome was beyond my imagination. I am immensely grateful for the journey I embarked on, which led me to become an official wedding planner. The adage "If you don't believe in yourself, if you don't believe you can achieve something - then no one else is going to" resonates deeply. The sensations I once only dreamed of have materialized into tangible reality, almost like magic







I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave person is not he/she who does not feel afraid, but who conquers that fear.










At this moment, I am a full-time coordinator. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. I decided to quit my job and chose my passion. To succeed, you have to believe in something with such passion that it becomes a reality.


Most of the time, you will see and experience the magnificent outcome you asked for, and occasionally, you won't even know how you benefited from an unexpected event. However, when you ask for a magnificent outcome and sincerely feel grateful for it, you are utilizing the mathematical law of attraction, your own creativity, and passion, and you are likely to receive a magnificent outcome in return, somewhere and at some point. Guaranteed






Comments