Skip to main content

Featured

Why are we obligated to pay for electricity, venue corkage, pictorial fees, and crew meals & transportation during the wedding in the Philippines?

Why are we obligated to pay for electricity, venue corkage, pictorial fees, and crew meals & transportation during the wedding in the Philippines?   When planning a wedding in the Philippines, several considerations come into play, particularly concerning the venue, chosen package, and engaging suppliers for the event. These costs may not always be included in the all-inclusive package offered by the wedding planner.   In comparison, certain countries offer comprehensive packages, often at a higher cost. In the Philippines' context, we are well aware of the challenges tied to currency conversion. The exchange rate between the peso and other currencies, like the dollar, can significantly vary. Due to the peso's relatively lower value, specific package elements aren't fixed, such as corkage fees. These fees fluctuate based on their variable nature, calculated according to actual consumption during the event. For example, electricity power charges at the venue might exceed

GREAT OUTPUT







One of the best parts of participating in styled shoots is the ability to grow and diversify your portfolio. When I first started my business, my portfolio was filled with some lovely weddings from more traditionally styled brides. Although I like this style, I wanted to show that I could make more organic, natural arrangements.

By other suppliers sharing your work or by submitting images to a wedding blog for publication, you can significantly increase brand awareness and traffic to your social media. These impressions on followers make a huge difference. Having a solid Facebook/Instagram following adds credibility to your company while making your business name familiar and memorable. Participating in styled shoots is a great way to get your work in front of new potential clients.

 
So the most important thing to remember is to diversify your work! The more you have out there, the more can be picked up by blogs, vendors or clients. I planned several styled shoots this summer and by being creative with time, I tripled my portfolio work. For each shoot, I had three couples modeling different styles. We focused on just bridal portraits, so I was able to spend my money on three different bouquets and boutonnieres. No, I didn’t get photos of tables capes or elaborate arches, but I did get bridal portraits which I desperately needed. In the amount of time a full styled shoot would take, I walked away with three different wedding styles. So make sure to be creative and expand your time. Do both large shoots and small ones! Let the time you invest yield lots of results. 


If your schedule is already booked solid, then you probably don’t need to spend money on styled shoots! However, if you are (like me) still trying to grow and develop your company, you should seriously consider using styled shoots to your advantage. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how helpful they are to a growing business. If you want to do a styled shoot, but haven’t been approached by other vendors, then go plan one yourself! It’s totally doable, and if you start small, you will learn a lot. Remember to budget, be selective, and be creative with your time! 
You can do it!



Comments